Hephzibah: My Delight Is In Her

"For Zion's sake, I will not keep silent,
for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet,
till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch.
The nations will see your righteousness, and all kings your glory;
you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the LORD will bestow.
You will be a crown of splendor in the LORD's hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah (my delight is in her) and your land Beulah (married);
for the LORD your God will take delight in you, and your land will be married.
As a young man marries a maiden, so your sons (Builder) will marry you;
as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you....
They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD;
and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted."
Isaiah 62:1-5, 12

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Man Looks At the Outward Appearance.....

I love colors. I love stark lines and polka dots. I love anything that is girly and pretty and fun. This site is so me now I can't believe it. When I first started this blog, I wanted it to be welcoming and colorful. Mostly women will be looking at this site and I wanted to present them, er you, with flowers. I know men will also be joining us on this journey, so I didn't want to overwhelm you, er them, with my girly-girlness. I want EVERYONE to read this and I want anyone's imput.

I want to take the time now and explain what the colors mean to me:

The pink and black-polka-dot-ribbon look is just totally me. I was playing around with different looks all day and when I saw this one, I giggled and clapped my hands in sheer delight. My mom, who was watching me and giving her input from time to time, said, "If you have this response, this is the one you need to go with." I prayed all day that God would help me figure out which look to go with that was viewer friendly and that was totally me, something that would bless us all. He totally answered!!

The purple titles and blog description are specific because WE ARE ROYALTY!!! If we have claimed God as King of our lives, we are royalty. I wanted it to stand out, I want it to shout it out: YOU, MY FRIEND, ARE ROYALTY.

My mom helped me pick out the maroon-ish color because it blends really well with all the other colors. Scripture will always be in bright red because it's God's word and it needs to be treated with the utmost of respect, color is a really good way to do that, in my opinion.

So, while I wanted to avoid the whole "girly" look so that women and men would feel comfortable and be comfortable reading my blog, I decided that being me was what was most important.

After all,

"God is spirit, and His worshipers must worship in spirit and in TRUTH." John 4:24

My prayer for you as you read thru this and as you look at my new and improved site, that you will see how freeing it is to be ourselves. If something causes you to giggle and clap your hands in utter delight, go with it. Ok, I know not everyone reacts the same way I do, but however you respond when God shows you that your little details are from Him, I pray you are able to reach out and bask in His love for you and see how personally He really does love you.

Man may look at the outward appearance, but remember this:

"The LORD looks at the heart"......Bring yours in truth, love.



*1 Samuel 16:7

2 comments:

  1. Nice new look for the blog Cilla!! God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE This, Cilla! Yes - it is totally you - and us too - if some of us will admit it! Lol!

    I think that it please the Father very much when we find out who we are - and celebrate it. And that is what I feel here, Cilla - a Celebration of who you are - and who we are also. Keep it up, my sweet Friend! I am enjoying this journey with you! Bless you! Thanks for including me!

    Love, Anita

    ReplyDelete