Hephzibah: My Delight Is In Her

"For Zion's sake, I will not keep silent,
for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet,
till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch.
The nations will see your righteousness, and all kings your glory;
you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the LORD will bestow.
You will be a crown of splendor in the LORD's hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah (my delight is in her) and your land Beulah (married);
for the LORD your God will take delight in you, and your land will be married.
As a young man marries a maiden, so your sons (Builder) will marry you;
as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you....
They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD;
and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted."
Isaiah 62:1-5, 12

Saturday, May 29, 2010

I Can't Do It Alone

So, last night I watched the new Clint Eastwood movie, “Invictus” with Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon with my family. I had spent the day shopping with my mom and my aunt and almost literally shopped till I dropped. Between getting a new Jessica Simpson purse and finding the perfect jacket on clearance to spruce up my winter wardrobe, I also got a little too much sun as I laughed and talked with two of my favorite people in the whole world. But it was worth it, we had the best conditions for a shopping trip: sun, fun, great deals (haha, that NEVER happens for me), and just great fellowship.

So you can understand why I fell asleep during the very last rugby match in the movie. Sports is so not my thing, but I love sports movies. However, watching the actual games in movies gets abit old. I woke up during the last skirmish or whatever it’s called and then was wide awake as I watched how battles are won.

In this scene, these men linked arms and pushed against the enemy as hard as they could and it’s almost like their strength was supernatural as together they took one step and then another and gained ground.

In the battle called “LIFE”, we’re told to go it alone. We're seen as weak if we reach out to others for strength. Well, in the last scene from “Invictus”, one man trying to stand against the other rugby team would have not only looked weak, it would have been deadly. Whether it's a team playing against another team for the prize, or a plattoon battling against a foreign enemy, or a group of friends who stand together thru thick and thin, we need eachother. When the whole team stood and pushed together, progress was made. Who are your team mates? Who can you trust to link arms with and push against the enemy’s flow of doubt and depression and temptation?

I have a team, an army if you will; hell hath no fury like women with linked arms, shields drawn and swords wielded. And the men who stand in the gap for me……there is no one like them. God bless the men and women who have gathered around me and who have beaten back the enemy with me. You are my heroes.

“Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you my Father in Heaven. For where two or three come together in my name there am I with them.”
Matthew 18:20

No comments:

Post a Comment