Hephzibah: My Delight Is In Her

"For Zion's sake, I will not keep silent,
for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet,
till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch.
The nations will see your righteousness, and all kings your glory;
you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the LORD will bestow.
You will be a crown of splendor in the LORD's hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah (my delight is in her) and your land Beulah (married);
for the LORD your God will take delight in you, and your land will be married.
As a young man marries a maiden, so your sons (Builder) will marry you;
as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you....
They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD;
and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted."
Isaiah 62:1-5, 12

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mission Possible

"Apart from Me you can do nothing."
John 15:5

"The Kingdom of God is like...."



Life is a parable; all we have to do is watch and listen and we'll see we are living the parable He is teaching us. It's brutal out there. You don't even have to be out looking for trouble for trouble to find you. The other day I was reading thru my 3X5 spiral Scripture note cards and when I literally laughed outloud as the memory of the above video clip flitted thru my mind when I read "APART FROM ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING." With me, without me; with me, without me; WITH me WITHOUT me.

There's another scene from the movie that captures my heart when I think about it. I'll just tell you because the clip is in the preview and if you haven't seen it, it might spoil it for you. In the movie, they get captured and she wakes up to him swinging like a pendulum saying, "June, I know this looks bad, but I'm gonna have us outta here in a few minutes. I got this." It kinda just reminds me of this:



This looks bad. It was. Honestly, I haven't been able to watch the movie and I can barely stand looking at this picture because I know the real story was worse than could ever be portrayed by an actor. As He hung on a cross, in essence the message is: "I know this looks bad, it is. But I have this. Just give me three days and I'll be free and so will you."

For some reason, this blogpost is harder to write than others. Probably because I need it so much. The website hasn't been working for me all that great and so I have had to post it little by little. So, with every "this tab has been recovered" session, I've become more and more determined to post this as I've lost it about 50 times already. It's not just the website, though. It's life. Right now, right this minute actually, my family faces one more challenge in life. The challenge is to trust when we've been wronged in doing the right thing. We have had another recent death in the family and issues have just been mounting until we wonder where God is in the distraction of life. How do we take the quiet times with Him into the busyness of life?

"With me, without me; with me, without me; WITH me, WITHOUT me."

Without Him, life is terrifying. With Him, it becomes an adventure worth living. What I desperately want is peace of mind in the chaos. I want to know my God fights for me and is in it with me and that He will save me when I need Him to. I know life happens, chaos erupts- both in the world as a whole as well as my own Priscilla world. But God is all about bringing peace to chaos: Creation was Him bringing peace to chaos; in the midst of Israel's chaos, a Savior was born. And in chaos, His death brought peace. I need that. My guess is, you do, too.

So, are we with Him?

As Tom Cruise says later in the movie, "With you."

Amen, Sir.

2 comments:

  1. Priscilla - this has touched my heart so much. I understand because I have been there before when the wounds seem so open - that it looks like they will never heal. All you want is for that Peace that the Lord has promised us. You are so right about without Him - we can do nothing. I tell Him that frequently: "Jesus - do this battle for me - for my spirit is weary." Then I cease to struggle. He is there for me. And Life is worth living. As you said - and I do truly believe - Life can be an Adventure With Him! But Without Him - I can do nothing! Hallelujah! Amen!

    "Without Him, life is terrifying. With Him, it becomes an adventure worth living."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anita, how sweet!! Your comments go with this perfectly. I didn't even think about the open wounds....

    ReplyDelete