Hephzibah: My Delight Is In Her

"For Zion's sake, I will not keep silent,
for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet,
till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch.
The nations will see your righteousness, and all kings your glory;
you will be called by a new name that the mouth of the LORD will bestow.
You will be a crown of splendor in the LORD's hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah (my delight is in her) and your land Beulah (married);
for the LORD your God will take delight in you, and your land will be married.
As a young man marries a maiden, so your sons (Builder) will marry you;
as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you....
They will be called the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD;
and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted."
Isaiah 62:1-5, 12

Monday, January 3, 2011

~ Happy New Year ~

Happy New Year!! Do you have any goals, any resolutions for the new year? I know I do, but I'm leaving my calendar open for the possibility that the Lord might have something else in mind.

Here are a few of mine:

~ Lose the Grandpa inch or two I gained this past year; all that food was to fatten him up, not me.

~ Actually write the book God has put on my heart; note to self, the backspace key doesn't erase my life, only letters....stop using it and put these acrylic nails to good use.

~ Explore and pursue all the possibilities of becoming a photographer.....and then be one.

~ Fall in love with the Person of Jesus Christ and live in the wide open place of His love.

Haha, did you notice I put the girly one first? Seriously, I need to get back in shape. It is a goal of mine.

Writing is a calling. I was conceived with a story and born with the first chapter half written. I have grown up overcoming one thing after another, and today, I have to let my fingers do what God has created them to do: pound out His story so people will see Him in me. That's why I was created. That is my purpose. A calling is something you struggle with until you step into the shoes the Master puts in front of you and walks when He says, "Walk." I have a feeling once I get started, you won't be able to recognize me. Really.

Photography, on the other hand, is a gift from God. I have been telling people that I get nothing but pleasure out of it and put nothing but pleasure into it. I love it. Some dear friends approached me this past fall with doing a Senior Photoshoot for their soon to be high school graduate. I didn't even have to ask God for this job, but He gave it to me. Michayla and I had a fabulous time doing it; so much so, I got a new camera and I'm doing practice shoots with her just to see what this new baby will do. My mom is jealous of my new camera and she doesn't take pictures....ever!! Haha!!



Speaking of my mom, she told me that I could make calendars and stuff. I'm trying not to shy away from that. So, I thought I'd show you my work and see what you think. Almost two years ago, my only brother got married and I caught my sister-in-law's bouquet. I hung it upside down in my room to dry and I've just left it because it looks so pretty. I was playing around with my new camera the other night and then played around with editing. Here is the result.


"I have called you by your name; and you are Mine." Isaiah 43:1

"Since you were precious in my eyes, you are honored, and I love you." Isaiah 43:4

"The ones waiting for Jehovah shall renew power." Isaiah 40:30

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." John 14:1

My last goal is the goal that sets the other plans in motion, if they are indeed His plans for me. I have been tempted to be a recluse this year. Avoid all people and just spend time with Jesus. The problem is that what I gain as I spend time with Him, must be shared, and I enjoy being around people too much, haha. I can't spend time with Jesus and not hang out with people, He is too big for me to hog, His presence in my life is too much for me to keep my joy contained. If I try, I become less and His presence is reduced to how much Priscilla can handle. I don't want to live like this. I really don't. The life of a recluse is not for me, it's just sometimes I need time away, time to think, time to pray, time to regroup because it's a mean world out there. Thank GOD He understands and that He is that place of rest for me. As I read and study the very words of God and as I grow and change, I start falling in love with Him. And sometimes, He speaks to me. I struggle with it because I wonder if it's real, but I have some treasures of Scripture to share with you that proves to me it's real:

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

"We have the mind of Christ." 2 Corinthians 2:16

"No one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us." 1 Corinthians 2:11-12

And this is the one I thought of when I wrote my last sentence:

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him. BUT GOD HAS REVEALED IT TO US BY HIS SPIRIT." 1 Corinthians 2:9-10

I don't know what you're facing as you look forward to 2011. But I do know that God has given us all a New Year to do it all over again: LIFE. I want to live it and I want to love Him and let Him direct my every move. I want His blessing this year. I want to be a blessing this year, both to God and to you, dear friend, as well as to my world. I can only do that if I'm walking with Christ, and letting His light into every part of my life, reaching every dark corner.

"Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the LORD and rely on His God." Isaiah 50:10

Before I close, I want to share my new theme song for the New Year as well as my life right now.



P.S. Another goal of mine would be to blog more this year. Once a month would be awesome, once a week would be ideal.....


No comments:

Post a Comment